Allegations Against Win Butler: Feist Leaves Arcade Fire Tour

Allegations Against Win Butler: Feist Leaves Arcade Fire Tour

Feist had been hired to open for the European leg of Arcade Fire's tour.

Canadian musician Leslie Feist, aka Feist, said on Thursday that she was withdrawing from touring Montreal band Arcade Fire after learning of allegations of sexual misconduct against its frontman , Win Butler.

Feist had been hired to open for the European leg of Arcade Fire's We tour, which kicked off in Dublin on Tuesday.

The kick-off of the tour was given just days after the revelations of the specialized site Pitchfork, which reported the remarks of four people claiming to have had inappropriate sexual contact with the 42-year-old musician between 2015 and 2020.

>

Radio-Canada has not verified these allegations, and no official charges have been filed.

When asked to comment on these allegations, the musician responded by way of statement, released through New York-based public relations expert Risa Heller.

In the written statement, he admitted to having had sex with each of the four people, but maintained that they were consensual and that he was not behind it.

In a post on social media, Feist claimed she was already in a pub in Dublin when she heard about the allegations. She will have played for the first two concerts planned in Ireland.

In a pub in Dublin, after practicing with my band, I read the same headline as you. We didn't have time to prepare for what was coming, let alone take the chance of deciding to fly over the ocean in the heart of the storm, explained the singer and musician on Facebook.

It has been incredibly difficult for me, and I can't imagine how difficult it has been for people who have spoken out publicly. More than anything, I wish healing to those affected.

Start of the widget. Skip widget?End of widget. Back to top of widget?

According to Pitchfork, three of the victims were Arcade Fire fans aged between 18 and 23 when they first interacted with the musician, between 2016 and 2020. They claim he behaved inappropriately towards them. .

A fourth person, who identifies as non-binary, alleges that Win Butler sexually assaulted her twice in 2015. First in a car, and another time he showed up at her door despite her text messages warning him not to come.

Pitchfork reviewed screenshots of Instagram texts and messages. People close to them said they remember being informed of the alleged incidents.

Several Canadian radio stations have announced that they have stopped broadcasting the band's music due to the allegations against its singer .

CBC has announced that the Montreal band's songs will no longer be played on CBC Music station, nor on CBC Radio 3, on the Sirius XM side. . For its part, ICI Musique affirmed that it was sensitive to the situation and followed the events closely, however leaving it to the teams to decide on the music broadcast in their programs.

This work of musical editorial judgment is naturally done in connection with the context, we added.

The showEn orbit, hosted by Claudine Prévost, had also planned a program revolving around Arcade Fire for Saturday, but the team claimed to have modified its program and chosen another artist.

With information from Canadian Press

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Previous post Young Boy Recounts Exorcism He Witnessed at Redberry Bible Camp
Next post The boss of the Russian oil giant Lukoil falls from the 6th floor and dies | War in Ukraine