– Your opinion: what is the probability of using nuclear weapons in this war?
– No one will use nuclear weapons, because the existence of the planet Earth in principle can be threatened. To wave a baton, to threaten it is a simple matter, but it is unlikely to use it.
No one will use nuclear as a strategic weapon, otherwise the Earth will cease to exist as a celestial unit. And the use of tactical nuclear weapons… Will it break the Ukrainian resistance? Will it change our intention to hold the line and destroy the enemy? No. Therefore, the effectiveness and rationality of using nuclear weapons in this war is zero.
War, no matter how we experience this process, has more of a rational component than an emotional one. The main thing here is the rational use of forces and means, the use of enemy mistakes, military cunning, military logic leads to the desired result. For us – to victory and the elimination of the entire enemy occupation group.
– Do you think that many facts and figures related to military operations, the personnel of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, the locations of military equipment and military personnel, etc., are they not military secrets? Since it is voiced by all and sundry – from deputies to soldiers.
– Any information that does not harm the actions of Ukrainian military personnel, does not create problems for their health and life, can be voiced. Of course, there are information restrictions due to martial law. We cannot talk about the movement, redeployment of weapons and equipment of our troops, about the places of their deployment, about the specifics or quantity of equipment. We are not talking about logistics routes, state deliveries of equipment and weapons until the moment when our partner countries are the first to announce this.
Of course, the issue of the death of personnel is a motivating factor. But on the other hand, we must understand that we have a full-scale war going on. And if a few years ago the statements of the Chief of the General Staff, General Muzhenko, boiled down to the fact that every day of intense full-scale battles could lead to the death of 10-12 thousand Ukrainian soldiers, now the statistics differ significantly from these forecasts, but the Ukrainian army suffers losses. I believe that at the first stage this information was not voiced, so as not to bring confusion to the Ukrainian society. And this is a completely logical decision that corresponded to the situation at that time.
Now the war is gradually moving into a routine phase. And from time to time there are reports of dead and wounded Ukrainian servicemen. This is being done to put pressure on our Western partners. After all, it is quite obvious that we are suffering colossal losses because of the strange position of some of our partners in the supply of weapons. They announce shipments and then sabotage them and don't sell them.
Ukrainian army in 2014 and 2022. Photo: Photo by Irina Pustynnikova/UNIAN/facebook.com/MinistryofDefence.UA
Re-educating alcoholics is definitely not for the army…
– Went a wave of “horror stories” related to the possible delivery of subpoenas to people who violated the law (caught drunk driving, swimming in the wrong place). The army is outraged: patriots are coming here, it is an honor for them to serve! Should I speculate on this topic?
– During the first mobilization campaign in 2014-2016 (six waves of mobilization), there were different stories with the delivery of subpoenas in different places. Article 22 of the Law of Ukraine “On mobilization preparation and mobilization” does not clearly indicate the place where these summonses can be served. That is, they can be given anywhere – on the street, at work, at a checkpoint, in an elevator, subway, etc. This is a completely normal procedure.
On the other hand, the agenda does not at all mean a one-way ticket to the front. This is an invitation to the territorial recruitment and social support centers (former military registration and enlistment offices) to determine the degree of suitability for military service as part of mobilization. There are many reasons for not conscripting Ukrainian citizens – they can be found in the public domain.
Since 2014, a whole galaxy of military leaders has grown who know what a modern-type war is and how to conduct it
I am categorically against it when illegal citizens of the country, drunkards and brawlers are sent to the army. The army is not engaged in the correction or re-education of citizens. The army is a fighting organism, the main task of which is to ensure the territorial integrity and independence of our state. Re-educating alcoholics is definitely not for the army. There are special structures in the system of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, which should deal with this.
Many times, the speakers of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine have stated that the level of staffing of forces and the implementation of mobilization programs for the Armed Forces of Ukraine and other defense forces are being carried out at 100 percent. One cannot say that they are rowing everyone in a row, these are completely empty and harmful conversations.
Protection of the territorial integrity and independence of our state is the constitutional duty of every citizen of Ukraine (Article 17 of the Constitution – we read, we do). There is definitely no need to speculate on this topic.
Yes, mobilization will continue until August 23, 2022 under martial law. The Ukrainian army is fighting, there are losses, dead and wounded. To make up for losses, citizens of Ukraine with the appropriate military specialties are called up to the ranks of the Armed Forces of Ukraine for mobilization. According to this list, in accordance with the requests and needs of the General Staff, a mobilization task is being formed for the regions of Ukraine. But no one will ever send people who arrived at the military unit on the agenda to the front line.
As for the territorial defense units, since February 2022, 32 Troop Brigades have been created, of which 25 are now performing combat missions on the first and second lines of the Russian-Ukrainian front.
Vladislav Seleznev KP Dossier
Vladislav Seleznev is a Ukrainian military journalist, colonel of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. He graduated from the Simferopol Higher Military Political Construction School, the military construction department at the Crimean Institute of Environmental and Resort Construction.
Until December 2017, he served in the Armed Forces of Ukraine in various positions. Dismissed from the Armed Forces of Ukraine due to the expiration of the contract.
Member of hostilities (participated in the Antiterrorist operation on the territory of certain areas of Donetsk and Luhansk regions in 2014-2016).
С On April 2014, due to the occupation of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea, he has the status of an internally displaced person.
He has the distinction of the President of Ukraine, the Minister of Defense of Ukraine, the Chief of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, the NATO medal “For Service to Peace”.