Person dead in hot tub in Canmore: electrical panel will be inspected

Dead person in hot tub in Canmore: electrical panel will be inspected

The victim of the probable electrocution in a hot tub at a Canmore property has been identified as Keone (Kian) James Rohatensky, 25, of Regina, Saskatchewan.

L Alberta's building code inspection agency will try to figure out what led to the electrocution death of 25-year-old Saskatchewan man Keone (Kian) James Rohatensky in the hot tub of an apartment building commercial center of Canmore, Alberta.

Keone (Kian) James Rohatensky of Regina was traveling to British Columbia to settle down and stopped in Canmore for the night on Monday evening, according to his family.

Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) officers attended the property around 10 p.m. to respond to a possible electrocution. A helicopter ambulance was also called, but the victim had already succumbed to his injuries when the paramedics arrived.

The hot tub was in a public area, and other guests at the property had used it prior to the incident, according to Canmore Fire Chief Lance Bushie. First responders had to shut off the power to gain access to the victim and provide first aid.

RCMP Canmore Detachment Commander Ryan Singleton confirms that the use of the jacuzzi remains prohibited. Certified inspectors and Alberta Building Code officers will inspect the electrical panel, among other things.

We will watch everything. Experts will study the electrical panel to make sure it meets Building Code requirements, says Ryan Singleton.

RCMP say they interviewed all residents of the property. hire who used the jacuzzi on the day of the tragedy. Investigators will also be looking at CCTV footage.

It's a tragic death, especially when you consider the fact that it's a person aged barely 25 years old who was beginning his adult life. It's very sad, said the Canmore Detachment Commander, while offering his condolences to the family.

The autopsy of Keone (Kian) James Rohatensky was performed on Wednesday, but the official cause of death has not yet been released.

We do not believe we have found any other evidence at the scene of the incident, he said. He adds that the RCMP and the medical examiner's office are continuing their work, which could take six to eight months.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Previous post G7 Agreement on Russian Oil Price Cap | War in Ukraine
Next post Police radioed to presence of child ahead of Kawartha Lakes shooting