Chekson, BLONS ta Oks – “Rebels”
In honor of his 30th birthday, the musician Chekson, in collaboration with BLONS and Oks, presented the second Ukrainian-language work “Rebels”.
– Today is the day when my youth ends, I was lucky that I had it, so I really hope that the next generation of Ukrainians will have it, even better and brighter. Therefore, today I want to believe in the future, I want to see the prospects. In this work, the boys and I reflect on the topic of what kind of nation we are now becoming – more important, more recognizable, independent, – the artist admitted.
The Kum – “FabriKati “
Ukrainian punk band The Kum released the song “FabriKati”. According to the musicians, the new track is another reaction of the band members to the bloody aggression of the Russian invaders against our country.
“We're going to 'rattle' the sings of the factory, they'll stick with the nonsense of that radyansk cotton wool,” the musicians sing in one of the verses, ridiculing Russian propaganda.
NK – “Back Home “
Nastya Kamenskikh presented the English-language track “Back Home”, dedicated to the millions of Ukrainian migrants who were forced to leave their homes because of the war.
– We have a common pain and a common dream for the war to end. I really want everyone to be in their own home, and each home filled with warmth and joyful emotions or children's laughter. To free our land from these horrors. And all this turned into a terrible dream, gradually receding into the past, – Nastya admitted.
DETACH – “Kintseva”
The DETACH band presented a provocative video for the song “Kintseva”, in which they fulfill the dream of millions of Ukrainians – they kill Russian President Vladimir Putin. Such a clip would have cost the team at least twenty thousand dollars, but it cost the DETACH group 0 hryvnia. Video graphics were handled by Aleksey Verenchik, the band's vocalist and well-known Ukrainian video maker and post-production director.
– I shot myself on the phone right at home – in a house outside the city. The synchros where the guys play the guitars are unused frames from the old Supernova video, which have now been processed in the style of the Kіntsev video. The inscription CHILDREN is an Easter egg. This is a projection of an inscription on the ground near the Mariupol Drama Theatre, which is why it was made in Russian. I created Putin and the musicians of the DETACH group in special programs that model 3D figures, – the director said.
Sergey Mironenko – “Heroes”
Singer Sergei Mironenko, who has joined the ranks of the defense since the beginning of the full-scale war, presented a track about the heroes of the war. The video work uses materials from the military chronicle of our time.
– Unfortunately, at the beginning of the war there was no time for music, because it was necessary to go and defend our country, as they say “it's scary, but necessary”. Now I am very happy that there was time, and we recorded this song, which I dedicate to all our heroes, to all the guys who help defend our country on all fronts. In sum, we are strong, and now we need to maintain morale together, not just sit, but help each other in everything. I believe that music heals and that without it and love there is no way. I am sure that having them in us we will win, because we are Ukraine – a nation of heroes!, – Sergey Mironenko said about the premiere.
Esphyr – “Ptashtsі”
Singer Esphyr dedicated the song “Ptashtsі” to the youngest defender of Mariupol Katya, who during the fighting at the Azovstal plant supported everyone with her singing. That is why they called her “Bird”.
– Katya defended our country together with her brothers in Mariupol. Her example inspires me a lot, so I wrote a song about her and for her. Katya is now in captivity, but I believe that soon she will be released and we will sing together, Esphyr shared.
POSITIFF, Michelle Andrade i Alina Pash – “Before the Svitanka”
POSITIFF, Michelle Andrade and Alina Pash have teamed up as a trio for the track “Before Svitankom”. According to the artists, this is a song of gratitude to the Ukrainian defenders who protect their native land from Russian invaders.
Ukrainian stars – “Mi z Ukraine”
Channel “Ukraine” gathered the stars of their projects to record the track “Mi from Ukraine” about the invincibility of our people. In it you can hear the voices of Zlata Ognevich, Melovin, Artem Pivovarov, NK, Tinchi Karol, Mikhail Foma (DZIDZIO), Yulia Sanina (the HARDKISS group), Sergei Babkin, Tina Karol, Natalia Mogilevskaya, Fagot, Alekseev, Alexandra Zaritskaya ( TALE), , Olya Tsybulskaya and Vladimir Ostapchuk.
Sasha Chemerov – “Replace me”
Singer Sasha Chemerov presented a video for the track “Replace me”, filmed with a thermal imager. The music and lyrics of the song were written by Kyiv sound producer Sasha Filonenko.
– I thought about the video sequence for a long time, Gosha Vinokurov, the ideologist and director of the video editing, and I set to work, but at first something didn’t work. Then Gosha offered to shoot a video on a thermal imager. We borrowed a thermal imager from Azov and, together with cameramen Anya and Valera Stratyuk, just went out into the city and started filming. In the video sequence through a thermal imager – Lvov, living his life. The picture accurately conveys the mood of the song, very cool, and the concept makes it clear that we are all under the gun, we are all in danger, – said the artist.