Alyona Alyona feat. Jerry Heil – “Why?”
Jerry Heil and Alyona Alyona released the song “What?” dedicated to the search for answers to painful questions for Ukrainians that arose after the start of the war. This is the third collaboration between the artists.
– I have a lot of questions that it’s really difficult for me to find answers now, but I’m looking for them precisely because I can sort everything out in my head and understand how to live on. I very often meet people who have the same questions, and I really want our new society, which is being formed here and now, to give answers to these questions not at the same price as it does now, – Alyona Alyona admitted.
LUIKU, DIKANDA, ASANOV – “Sun on concrete walls”
Ukrainian and Polish musicians LUIKU, DIKANDA, ASANOV united to record a new track “Sun on concrete walls” in support of Ukraine . To record the song, 11 instrumentalists and 6 recording studios were involved: 4 in Ukraine and 2 more in Poland.
– These are fragments from the dialogues of close people who are in different circumstances: some – in Ukraine, others – under a peaceful sky, from where they share their warmth, their sun, which will dry up tears and blind those who destroy our lives, – Dmitry comments on the musical work Tsiperdyuk.
KOD – “Nation”
Hip-hop artist KOD from Chernivtsi will present the track “Nation” about the feelings of every Ukrainian in this terrible war. The song was recorded by the singer Raeem from Azerbaijan, who sang in Ukrainian.
– The song was born after the publication of footage from Bucha, Gostomel. The feeling of anger was reborn into confidence in our abilities and the desire to go to the end,” shared KOD.
Requitir – “Flashbacks”
Singer Requitir presented the song “Flashbacks”, dedicated to his native city of Mariupol and the Azovstal plant, where several generations of his family worked. With the help of the track, the musician wants to draw attention to how the generation and events around the plant, which has become a symbol of the Ukrainian struggle, have changed.
– The war of 2014 completely changed my life – I moved to Kyiv and sublimated all my feelings and emotions into music. Despite this, Mariupol has always been my hometown and shelter from Kyiv. For 8 years I returned there, running away from problems and reality. It was one of these shoots that became the basis of the “Flashbacks” track. I am the only one in the family who did not work at the Azovstal plant. But all my surroundings – from grandfather and parents to childhood friends – were factory workers. Therefore, the plant itself and the mentality of its workers are close to me and sewn into my DNA,” he spoke about the premiere of Requitir.
GG GulyaiGorod – “Dream”
< p>Group “GG GulyayGorod” and sound producer Roman Cherenov (Morphom) presented the song “Sleep”. This is a modern interpretation of the folk lullaby “Oh, sleep is a dream”, which once inspired J. Gershwin to create the world hit Summertime.
– “SLEEP” was completed a week before the February invasion and was being prepared for release. But in the blink of an eye, the life of the whole country changed and brought new meanings to the old lullaby. We dedicate it to our military, who protect the sleep and tranquility of all Ukrainians,” the group members shared.
Bogdan Kubik – “Land of Heroes”
Human rights activist Bogdan Kubik dedicated a song to Ukrainian heroes. In the video for the track “Land of Heroes”, a guy in an embroidered shirt reads simple and relevant truths for many Ukrainians.
– This song is dedicated to our brave defenders, adamant warriors and knights of light, who defend not only Ukraine, but fight for the whole world against Mordor, absolute evil and insane rashism. This song is dedicated to all Ukrainians, each of whom, in his place, does everything possible, and in part the completely impossible and fantastic, to bring the common victory closer. It cannot be otherwise, we have once again proved that we were, are and will be a country of heroes, – added Bogdan.
KHAYAT – “Zorefall”
– We all tend to be nostalgic and remember our happiest moments from time to time, but some people live only in the past, not giving themselves a chance for happy moments today. We must try to move on. Live with what you have now, and from this build your future. War is not only missiles, bullets and destroyed cities. It is also someone's childhood, someone's youth, and so on. This is already a chapter of our life written by someone, but what the next chapter will be depends only on us, – KHAYAT spoke about the premiere.
AVIATOR – “4.5 .0.”
The AVIATOR band presented the track “4.5.0.”, in which they encrypted the message that Ukrainian defenders pass on to each other – in military slang it means “everything is fine”, “everything is calm”.
KAROON – “Brudna Voda”