Quinta and Drozdov about the album “ART Defense” MONATIK: Not so much about the war, but about how we have changed
Vladimir ZAVADYUK, creative producer, head of Big Entertainment Shows 1+1 media
– When the guns fire, Ukrainian music is on the rise. Each on his own front. Monatic on the front of musical defense. Not just a few tracks, but a whole collection at once. It seems that Dima's friend again began to lead this upsurge with his creativity. And he succeeded. It's cool to hear not only songs in Ukrainian, but also poems from Monatik. It seems that Dima has not yet read poems in Ukrainian. In the heart of the intro from Plato and Daniel. I really liked the traditional dedication to the muse – Ira Monatik – the track “Prigorni”. However, of course, my favorite is the hit “War is your name”, which, by the way, was performed for the first time in large quantities by Monatik at the Save Ukraine marathon in Berlin. And also the words “2022”, from which goosebumps run over the skin. Sensual new start of the new Monatik together with the talented sound producer Sergey Eremenko. Mature and bold. Monatic sounds in Ukrainian. I am sure that this is only the beginning of a new path. Sounds.
Pavel SHILKO, TV presenter, co-founder and general producer of the YUNA award
– The album “ART Defense” combined two things that Monatik can do best: creating songs and writing poetry. All texts are as informative as possible, and the real pain of the author is felt in every word. As for the arrangements, they are surprisingly minimalist, but at the same time they do not lose the stylish musical uniqueness inherent in Monatik. “ART Defense” appeared just in time. After all, this album will certainly strengthen the musical defense of Ukraine and play a significant role in the psychological defense of the nation in these difficult times.
Slava DEMIN , TV and radio host, author of the Slava+ YouTube project
– “Sick doctors came to treat a healthy one.” This is the truth that Dima conveys in the album not only with songs. At first you listen and you get goosebumps from the mention of shelling and explosions near the house. How with children I ran to the bomb shelter every 20-40 minutes! But! This is already history and you need to live on … For the sake of loved ones and children. An album that first greets you with tears, and at the end you want to hug your loved ones. And for sure this is the mission of the artists! Tune us, Ukrainians, to optimism! We know that good always wins! And it's not just words… it's the truth.
Photo: press service
Ruslan KVINTA, composer, sound producer
– Today music is different… Music of pain, music of strength, music of compassion, music from a heart struck by “fire”. It is most difficult for a person who has devoted himself to music, because today you need to be not only an artist, but also a doctor of human “souls”, this is a special mission in these difficult times for Ukraine. And the songs already have a different meaning… Therefore, Dima has great respect and respect for this valuable work for all of us.
Aleksey DONTSOV , founder of MUZVAR
– Dima Monatik after this album became Dmitry. It's not about age or criteria for respect for an artist. While listening to the audio diary with notes, the artist MONATIK appears as a kind of narrator of opinions and stories from the life of both living Ukrainians and those who were killed by Russian rashists. Leads to the songs in the form of poetic thoughts suggest the concept of “5 stages of acceptance”, which are the songs themselves:
“UZ” – shock and denial,
“ART DEFENSE” – anger,
” Silent people” – compromise,
“PRIGORNY” – acceptance and rethinking.
Regarding the “depression” stage… there is a feeling that this track was created by MONATIK, but did not allow itself to be added to the ER. The reason is not to show the state of complete despondency and hopelessness, in which, perhaps, he himself was at first.
Igor PANASOV, creator of KARABAS LIVE, director of Development Award YUNA
– Every Ukrainian is now defending Ukraine, which he built before February 24, 2022. For MONATIK, such a goal was and is a country of people who breathe freely and believe in themselves and those around them, inspiring each other – every song of his screamed about it. Therefore, in the mini-album “ART Defense”, he defends precisely this right to build a world in which bridges are built, not destroyed. This position determines the tonality of the MONATIK album, which distinguishes it in the big wave of Ukrainian music of the last four months: Dmitry's songs glorify life and movement into the future, which the enemy takes away from Ukraine, and do not focus on hatred. It reminds us what we are actually fighting for now. And this in his performance looks no less honest than modern songs of Ukrainian rappers and metal bands overflowing with rage, aggression and sarcasm. Everyone does their own important thing.
Vitaly DROZDOV, General Producer of TAVR Media Radio Holding
– Probably, the new MONATIK album is unlikely to sound this summer “from every iron”. This EP is not about coverage and mass hysteria, not about summer discos and positive movement, which the artist has accustomed us to in recent years. This album is about what's deep inside. It is about Dima's personal experience of these days. It is not entirely about the war (although, in fact, there is no other theme in the album: “Unhealthy doctors/They came to heal the healthy/And how can we live with this now?/No! How can we survive?”). The mini-album is about how we change following the changing world, in which it is not always comfortable, but in which there is always faith in Victory and faith in those who are of the same blood as you (“We lived well./We will live more quickly ./I strongly believe that I will do it.).
This album is about the most human that we have. And it is not at all accidental that the last track of the album, the skit, is read by Dima's children. This album is not so much about this war, but about how we have changed. For the sake of the future. The future of this country, our children and ourselves