Saskatchewan Attacks: Fugitive Myles Sanderson Dead | Knife attacks in Saskatchewan

Saskatchewan Attacks: Fugitive Myles Sanderson Dead | Saskatchewan Knife Attacks

Follow the press briefing from Royal Canadian Mounted Police officers.

Myles Sanderson, one of two suspects in the series of stabbings in Saskatchewan on Sunday, is dead, according to multiple CBC News sources. At this time, the cause of death is unknown.

At the end of the afternoon, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) claimed that the fugitive had been arrested near the village of Rosthern, 66 km northeast of Saskatoon, at approximately 3:30 p.m.

The RCMP will provide more details during the day.

Less than an hour before his arrest, the authorities had sent an alert report that a person armed with a knife was driving a stolen white pickup truck near Wakaw, approximately 90 km northeast of Saskatoon.

The RCMP will hold a press conference at 7:30 p.m. CST in Regina. She adds that there are no longer any public safety risks associated with this investigation.

Many people across the province feel relieved now that the manhunt is over.

This is particularly the case for Darryl Burns, whose sister was killed in the tragedy. The latter has also organized a candlelight vigil in honor of the deceased this evening.

Same story on the side of the Saskatoon Tribal Council.

Mark Arcand (right) attended a press conference earlier today with some of the families of the victims.

We are relieved that Myles Sanderson has been arrested and the hunt for man is over, says the head of the organization, Mark Arcand, who lost his sister and nephew in the tragedy. Now people can start to feel safe again.

“The time has come to start healing our wounds. »

— Mark Arcand, Chief of the Saskatoon Tribal Council

Mark Arcand adds that the injured and loved ones of the victims will need continued support to get through this trauma.

Dennis Helmuth, the mayor of Rosthern, a village about 6 km from the scene of the arrest, says his community is breathing a little easier tonight.

It's mostly a sense of relief, but I believe an incredible sadness will take its place when we take the time to realize what has happened in our province, he said.

On social media, Saskatchewan Premier Scott Moe congratulated the police officers who worked day and night to arrest this dangerous criminal.

Myles Sanderson had been the subject of a manhunt since Sunday.

Myles Sanderson had been the subject of a on a manhunt since Sunday.

He will face charges of first degree murder, attempted murder and breaking and entering on private land. His brother, Damien Sanderson, 31, was also charged before he was found dead on Monday.

A total of 10 people were killed and 18 others were injured in this series of attacks.

More details to come

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Previous post Edmonton Attack: Suspect Arrested
Next post Extreme heat: California threatened by power outages