< p class="sc-v64krj-0 knjbxw">The SPVM claims to have finally arrested all the suspects linked to two shootings that occurred in the east of the city, around mid-August.
The Service de police de la Ville de Montréal (SPVM) announced on Monday the arrest of the fourth and final suspect linked to two shootings that occurred in the boroughs of Rivière-des-Prairies–Pointe-aux-Trembles, on 10 and 11 last August. Authorities arrested the individual at the other end of the country, in the city of Vancouver.
Speaking in a press release, the SPVM said the suspect, a 20-year-old man from Montreal, had been hiding in the British Columbia metropolis for several days.
He will be repatriated to the metropolis over the next few days and will appear at the Montreal courthouse, said the Montreal police.
Around 10:30 p.m. on August 10, in the Rivière-des-Prairies area, a 20-year-old woman was slightly injured when at least one shot was fired at the vehicle in which she was traveling. stood. The SPVM specified that the woman was hit by shards of glass caused by a projectile impact.
The second event occurred the next day, around 11:55 p.m. , on boulevard Maurice-Duplessis.
Four suspects were seen firing nearly 50 shots. They first targeted a man and a woman in their 20s outside a restaurant, then fired at an employee in their 60s who was walking in the parking lot. Only the woman was hit by projectiles, recalls the SPVM.
On August 12, a major police deployment led to the arrest of Dardy Lavaud, 18, and Robby Valere, 23 years old. Then on August 23, Josué Agnant, 21, was apprehended in turn by investigators.
Montreal police say that these three individuals have already appeared in court and are notably charged with two charges of attempted murder.