In this image released by Universal Pictures, a scene from “Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.” (Universal Pictures via AP)
Filming of the new installment of “Jurassic World” at Pinewood Studios in the UK was suspended for two weeks due to COVID-19 cases on the set.
Director Colin Trevorrow tweeted Wednesday that there were “some” positive tests for the virus. He added that those affected tested negative shortly after, but will take a break anyway to adhere to security protocols.
A spokesman for Universal Pictures said the company had been informed the day before and that this morning they all tested negative.
“The safety and well-being of our cast and crew is paramount,” he said. “Those who initially tested positive are now in self-isolation, as are those who were in contact with them.”
The premiere postponed
On Tuesday, Universal said the premiere of “Jurassic World: Dominion” would be delayed for a year, until June 2022.
The Chris Pratt-starring film was one of the first major Hollywood productions to resume after the pandemic-related shutdowns. The New York Times wrote in August about improved security protocols on set and a few cases of infections among staff in Britain and Malta over the summer.
This is the second major production affected by COVID-19. Last month, UK filming of “The Batman”, a Warner Bros. film, was also put on hold due to a case of coronavirus.