Two people dead after shooting in Langham

Two people died ;deceased after a shooting in Langham

A Saskatchewan police officer in the village of Langham, where an alert was issued in the morning for a gunman, July 8, 2022.

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) confirmed on Friday the deaths of two people after a "shooting incident" in Langham, a town about 30 kilometers northwest of Saskatoon.

Saskatchewan RCMP on Friday afternoon rescinded the emergency alert issued earlier in the Langham area, warning the public of a dangerous, armed suspect in the area.

In a news release, RCMP say officers found a body in a house burned around 11:40 a.m. Friday in the town of Langham.

Police believe it is Justin Heimbecker, the subject of the alert, although they have not confirmed the identity of the deceased, says the release.

Saskatchewan Highway Patrol officers had blocked area roads on Friday and were verifying the identities of people who circulating in the city.

Residents were asked to stay at home with their doors and windows closed and locked, and not let anyone outside their homes or cars into their homes.

The mayor of the city, Gary Epp, says he regrets the incident that killed two people in Langham. It is a sad day in Langham, two families have been torn apart.

Councillor Carol Epp said what was happening in her town was not; was unclear.

We're staying inside so we didn't go out. We saw police cars go by, we heard sirens, but that was it, she said before the alert was lifted.

The incident marked resident Sherry Tison. Everyone I spoke to told me he was a good person, they couldn't believe it (…) so there will be more to learn about this story.

RCMP Major Crimes indicates an investigation is underway.

With information from CBC

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Previous post Debate on the Holocaust during the trial of a neo-Nazi
Next post Elder Abuse: Police see 22% increase in 10 years in Canada